Skip to content
New York City Resources
- NYC Department for the Aging: Provides counseling on Medicare, Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP), Medicare Low-Income Subsidy (LIS), and other Medicare low-income programs.
- Unemployment and Health Insurance: This fact sheet provides information on who is eligible for unemployment insurance, steps on how to apply, and eligibility for health insurance for the unemployed.
- NYC Paid Safe and Sick Leave: This fact sheet provides information on the current paid sick leave law, eligibility requirements, and how to file a complaint if you are not receiving sick pay that you are entitled to.
New York State Resources
- NYS Unemployment insurance Waiver: New York State is waiving the 7 day waiting period for Unemployment Insurance benefits for people who are out of work due to Coronavirus closures or quarantines.
- NYS Medicaid Waiver: New York State is waiving co-pays for COVID-19 testing and will cover certain COVID-19 related services including testing and physician, clinic, and emergency visits.
- Special Healthcare Enrollment: NY State of Health is opening a special enrollment period for New Yorker to enroll in insurance coverage. Individuals who enroll between March 16, 2020 and May 15, 2020 will have coverage effective April 1, 2020.
- NYS Emergency Paid Sick Leave: Provides access to Paid Family Leave and disability benefits for all employees affected by the mandatory or precautionary order of quarantine or isolation for COVID-19.