New York State Resources
- OMH Emotional Support Line: Free and confidential support line for New Yorkers experiencing increased anxiety due to the coronavirus emergency. Call: 1-844-863-9314
- Crisis Text Line: An anonymous texting service available 24/7 for New Yorkers in crisis. Text: GOT5 to 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: If you are in crisis and need immediate help, please call: 1-800-799-7233
- Tips for Mental Wellness: This fact sheet provides information on how to cope with COVID-19 related stress and anxiety.
Other Languages: বাংলা | 中文 | 한국어를
New York City Resources
- Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks: This fact sheet provides information on how to take care of yourself, how stress can affect you, and how to manage stress.
- NYC Well: Free and confidential helpline for mental health and substance abuse services. New Yorkers can connect with trained counselors who can provide you with 24/7 support in over 200 languages: Services include: crisis counseling, peer support, short-term counseling, and mobile crisis teams. Call: 1-888-692-9355, text: Well to 651173, or visit nyc.gov/nycwell
- Managing Anxiety & Stress for Responders: This fact sheet provides information on how to understand and identify burnout and secondary traumatic stress, how to practice self-care, and transitioning after the response is over.
- Mental Health First Aid: Helpful articles on mental health during COVID-19
- COVID-19 Mental Health Resources Guide: List of New York City providers contact information and description
- Supporting Our Community Through Trauma: A Virtual Training for Nonprofits:
- Family in Quarantine: How to Deal with Growing Tensions During a Pandemic
- Asian American Feminist Collective: Collection of stories, essays, and artwork that highlight first-hand accounts and analyses from our communities about the impact of COVID-19.
- NAMI Helpline: Free helpline available Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm. Call: 212-684-3264 or email: email@example.com
- NAMI NYC: NAMI NYC is offering weekday support groups by phone. Check out NAMI’s website for each week’s schedule and dial-in information.
- Mental Health America: Mental health and COVID-19 information and resource guide